URUGUAY: Tailor-made holidays
Uruguay, one of the smallest of the South American republics, is known for its charming colonial towns, hilly meadows, lakes, lagoons and a string of beaches set along its coast studded with luxury beach resorts. Although well known as the true gaucho country, it is also becoming famous for its wines with much of the tours assigned to visit its best wineries in the region. Montevideo, the capital, is the houses almost half of the country’s population which is mainly second- and third-generation Europeans, mostly of Spanish or Italian origin and some of African descent. Browse through our selection of Uruguay tours to inspire you or contact us to design your own unique adventure holidays to Uruguay.
- Visit the world’s next great wine destination and tour some of the best bodegas
- Trek over the sand dunes at Cabo Polonio & watch wildlife along the Atlantic coast
- Stay at a traditional Uruguayan ranch (estancia) and experience the life of a cowboy
- Stroll along Montevideo’s beachfront & feast on BBQ meat at Mercado del Puerto
- Visit Carlos Paez Vilaro’s extraordinary studio, famous for appealing abstract art.