COLUMBIA: Tailor-made holidays
There is mist and mystery about Columbia and without a doubt; it is a dramatically beautiful country with diverse terrain and weather. The Andes Mountains extend into the country in three ranges running north-south, while the east have the grassy prairies, the jungles and the rainforests of the Amazon that hide wondrous archaeological treasures. A major drawcard for tourists is the Spanish colonial port of Cartagena with its spectacular walled old town, a medieval wonderland of palaces, monasteries, plazas and overhanging balconies. Most visitors to the country usually go on organised package tours and find it a fascinating experience.
- Step back in time among the cobbled streets of Cartagena’s walled old town
- Visit San Gil, the destination for outdoor adventurers to dive, climb, raft, trek and soar
- Explore San Agustin, an archaeological site with 500 life-sized ancient sculpted statues
- Marvel at elaborate pre-Columbian tombs of Tierradentro National Archaeological Park
- At Tayrona National Park see amazing wildlife & secluded beaches on the Caribbean coast.