BOLIVIA: Tailor-made holidays
Bolivia is the highest and most isolated of the South American republics, with stupendous Andean landscapes, which is why this landlocked country is nicknamed ‘the Tibet of the Americas’. It shares Lake Titicaca, the world’s highest navigable lake, with Peru. It boasts of the highest capital city in the world, La Paz, the most important archaeological site, Tiahuanaco, the self-sustaining empire that held sway from 400BC to between 1000 and 1100AD. Use your imagination to picture this regal city of multi-terraced platform pyramids, courts, temples, monolithic statues and urban areas, all once painted, gilded and clad in luxurious textiles.
- Go mountain biking along the World's Most Dangerous Road into the humid Yungas
- Travel to quaint Rurrenabaque and explore Madidi National Park in the Amazon
- Learn about the culture of the indigenous peoples on our community-based tours
- Visit the salt flat at Uyuni, the world's largest, an otherworldly place on Bolivian Altiplano
- Take the Lake Titicaca trail to visit many ancient Inca sites and its remote islands.