JORDAN: Tailor-made holidays
The beauty of Jordan can be seen through its historical sites and breathtaking landscapes. From the stunning Roman city of Jerash, to the great Crusader castle of Kerak and the baptism site of Jesus of Nazareth at Bethany on the River Jordan; it offers fascinating and mysterious sights. Highlights include a visit to its most famous national treasure, the awe-inspiring Petra, the "Rose Red City", camel trekking in the red desert of Wadi Rum with the nomadic Bedouins, hike through the wilderness of Wadi Dana and a swim in the mineral rich water of the Dead Sea. Elsewhere, watch chariot racing in the restored Hippodrome in Jerash, world-class Red Sea diving in Aqaba on the coast, or visit Herod’s fortress where Salome performed her dance which cost John the Baptist his head.
- Explore Petra, the ancient Nabataean city, known for its outstanding rock architecture
- Take a four-wheel drive tour over Wadi Rum, the desert wilderness with towering dunes
- Roam through the pathways of an ancient Roman civilization at the Amman Citadel
- Explore Amman and Jerash, known for the ruins of a Greco-Roman settlement
- Visit Aqaba on the Red Sea, renowned for water sports such as windsurfing, snorkelling, diving.