ISRAEL: Tailor-made holidays
Israel, the tiny slice of land on the eastern Mediterranean is the soul of three mighty belief systems, Judaism, Islam and Christianity. While some arrive in the ‘Holy Land' on a spiritual quest, many others travel to Israel to explore its historical sites, over 40 national parks and enjoy its pristine beaches. Highlights include Jerusalem’s Wailing Wall, the magnificent Dome of the Rock, Bethlehem, Nazareth, the Sea of Galilee, Masada, the Crusader castles, the Mount of Olives and Akko, sacred to the Ba’hai faith, all of which are connected with the spiritual history. Active travellers can opt for rock-climbing, hiking, diving, snorkelling, wind-surfing and other water sports at the many beach resorts around the country. Visit Golan Heights, a popular ski resort, relax on the Dead Sea Israel or just explore Tel Aviv, nicknamed ‘the city that never sleeps’ for its vibrant nightlife.
- Visit Jerusalem’s Old City, with the ancient Wailing Wall and the shimmering Dome of the Rock
- Trek in the rocky Negev Desert and explore the multi-coloured canyon of Makhtesh Ramon
- Travel to the Sea of Galilee, scene of several of Jesus’ miracles
- Visit Masada, the ancient fortress on a massive mountain plateau overlooking the Dead Sea
- Float in the saline waters of the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth.