IRAN: Tailor-made holidays
As one of the first countries to be occupied by the early Islamic armies which came out of Arabia in the seventh century, Iran has a rich and detailed history. The antique sights of Persia, one of the greatest empires of the ancient world, can be witnessed alongside bustling metropolises and vast mountain ranges. Several bazaars are just as old and Iran is the destination for those in search of the most expensive rugs and carpets in the world. Iran has maintained a distinct cultural identity within the Islamic world by retaining its own language and adhering to the Shi’a interpretation of Islam. As a unique Islamic Republic, Iran is ruled by both a supreme leader and an elected president.
- Explore ancient sites of Persepolis and Shush, and the Elamite ziggurat at Choqa Zanbil
- Visit Isfahan, magnificent city with grand boulevards, covered bridges and tiled mosques
- Shop for the world’s best handmade Persian carpets and take back a piece of history
- Admire gorgeous mosques for their architecture, geometric designs and vibrant colours
- Enjoy the beautiful ocean and marine life along the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman.