PANAMA: Tailor-made holidays
Spanning across the narrowest part of the Central American isthmus; Panama is known for its Canal that links the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. The country has a wide range of tropical landscapes; from the Cordillera Central or the central spine of mountains that form the continental divide, to the pristine beaches on the Pacific and the Caribbean Sea. There are extensive forests in the fertile Caribbean area with over 900 species of birds and there are over 350 San Blas islands, home to the indigenous Kuna people and haven for ecotourism. Activities include birdwatching tours to Chiriqui Highlands, Central Panama, and Darien Gap, volcano hikes, and there are sailing and snorkelling opportunities among the myriad offshore islands.
- Trek the cloud-forest of Chiriquí or the highland trail to see the resplendent quetzal
- Relax in the refreshing waters of the Caribbean Sea or surf on the monster waves of the Pacific
- Take a community-based tour to visit one of Panama's seven indigenous groups
- Marvel at the passing ships and discover the history of the famous Panama Canal
- Explore Guna Yala islands off Panama’s eastern coast, where women make the rules.