BELIZE: Tailor-made holidays
Belize has the greatest variety of landscapes; the Maya mountains, central highlands with dense forest, savannas in the north and less than an hour's flight from the green heartland is the Barrier Reef, a great wall of coral stretching the length of the coast. The eco-travellers go there in search of a true nature and despite the growing tourism in the country, Belize is a still a destination that entices the adventurous who go out to explore vast expanses of its rain forest, rich collection of birds and animals, and Maya ruins. Thankfully, many tourism establishments are involved in conservation of natural resources and sustainable development but it responsibility rests more on the travellers who go to these regions.
- Visit Caracol, one of the great Mayan ceremonial cities, once lost in the rainforest
- Head to the Cayo District, Belize's premier destination for nature & adventure lovers
- Ambergris, Caulker & Hol Chan Marine Reserve offer excellent diving on Belize Barrier Reef
- Trek the Cockscomb Basin Forest Reserve for possible sightings of endangered jaguars
- Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary is home to hundreds of exotic resident & migratory birds.