INDONESIA: Tailor-made holidays
Indonesia (meaning Indian Islands) is the world's largest archipelago, stretching between the Australian and Asian continental main lands. This vast and diverse country has unspoiled beauty, art, culture and people. The towering mountains and primitive cultures of Irian Jaya contrast sharply with the terraced hills, and highly sophisticated societies of Bali and Java and the ancient animistic beliefs, still have a major influence on the way of life in South Sulawesi. Wherever you go on this archipelago, Indonesia offers a fine blend of scenic beauty, fauna and flora, culture, marine parks and a wide collection of modern accommodation.
- Experience a vast array of cultures, peoples, plants and wildlife
- Travel from Sulawesi’s white-sand beaches to Sumatra’s steaming volcanoes
- Explore Indonesia’s oldest Buddhist site, Borobudur temple
- Visit Komodo island, the rugged habitat of the Komodo dragon monitor lizard
- Shop for traditional artefacts and local handicrafts in Yogyakarta and Ubud.