CHINA: Tailor-made holidays
China is a country of splendid mountain backdrops and a rich tradition steeped culture which most western tourists find irresistible. To some China is the land of emperors, ancient temples and warrior monks, other come to see the remnants of communism. No matter what your taste you will find plenty to do in China, from the more well known sites such as the Great Wall of China and the Terracotta Army to lesser known sites such as the Flaming Mountains near Turpan. In China’s cities you will find elements of western culture fused with Chinese traditionalism. Furthermore, China's extreme size means that it is a fantastic destination for repeated visits; it would take literally years to explore all that this huge country has to offer.
- In Beijing, explore the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and the Great Wall
- Marvel at stupendous scenery in Guilin, Yunnan, Li River, Jiuzhaigou Nature Reserve
- See the Buddha statues and temples in Yungang, Longmen Grottoes & Mogao Caves
- Trek to the base of the world’s highest mountain, Mount Everest, from the north
- Enjoy a mouth-watering traditional Cantonese meal of dim sum or northern Peking duck.