BHUTAN: Tailor-made holidays
Bhutan is the most beautiful country in the Himalayas. The rich natural environment and culture is jealously guarded and tourism is consciously controlled. The country has been identified as one of the 10 bio-diversity hot spots in the world, harbouring some of the most exotic species of the eastern Himalayas; birds, rhododendrons, medical plants, orchids and a rich wildlife. Buddhism has been a predominant religion that has inculcated deeply the value that all forms of sentient life, not just human life, are precious and sacred. Those who travel to this country are generally surprised to realise that the culture and the traditional lifestyle is still richly intact and permeates all strands of modern day secular life. Bhutan is a country without traffic lights. So take it easy because when you are in Bhutan, you are in a different world!
- Eastern Bhutan, possibly the most authentic part of the Himalayan Kingdom
- Trek up to Taktsang Monastery (Tiger’s Nest) in Paro, one of the holiest Buddhist sites
- Phrumsengla National Park is home to red pandas, tigers, and snow leopards
- Explore majestic monasteries and fortress-like dzongs of Trongsa, Paro & Punakha
- Discover Thimphu, the seat of the royal family, with temples, monasteries & palaces.